Saturday, May 14, 2011

Etsy Pick of the Week :: King Paper ::

So this week, I have been intrigued by vintage posters and print. Here are some of my favorites from King Paper!

dance ruth

Ruth St Denis, was one of the pioneers in early modern dance, whose students include the famous Martha Graham, and was also known for her "oriental" productions. I've always wished I had the opportunity to watch one of her performances. I really am born in the wrong era!

goblin market

The Goblin Market by Christina Rossetti and illustrated by Arthur Rackham. I first came across Rackham's work when I was doing some research on Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. I love his paintings, and according to Wikipedia, Rackham had invented his own technique of photographic reproduction, first using pencil to sketch an outline, before filling in with pen and india ink. When working with colour, he would apply multiple washes of colour until transparent tints were created. I love the ethereal quality of his paintings! There are many more Rackham prints in King Paper's Etsy store.

beatrice bobs

This one just reminds me of F. Scott Fitzgerald's Bernice Bobs Her Hair. He is one of my favourite writers. Short stories are not really my thing, but I enjoyed Fitzgerald's collection. Time for a re-read!


They're offering a Buy 2 get 1 free promotion so go check it out! *excited*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you stopping by and reading my blog! Do leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...