Thursday, May 2, 2013

May 2 : Morning Ritual

This is my early morning ritual. I take Scuffy out for potty time! #fmsphotoaday


Scuffy's morning ritual is my morning ritual. I take him out at dawn to go potty. He and I have an established routine. We walk in the fields near our house, he sniffs out a good poo-poo spot and after he does his #2, we RUN back home!


After my yoga class this evening, my teacher revealed that her family had to put their 17 year old dog down because it was suffering from illness and pain. As she was speaking, tears welled up in my eyes. Before we got Scuffy, I never understood how anyone could be so attached to their pets. Now, I know. Scuffy is not just a pet, he is part of our family, our baby. I cannot imagine anything untoward happening to him, especially if i had to put him down. I'd probably bawl my eyes out.

As I type this out, he lays calmly with his head in my lap. I love his puppy smell, his ears twitching when my arm brushes against him. When I look into his puppy eyes, I know that all is right and well in my world.

9 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about my kids. I've always wondered how animals keep their feet clean seeing how they go barefooted. Do you clean their feet after a run outside?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also get tears whenever anyone speaks of the loss of a pet. As I write this my 10 year old lab is sleeping by my feet:) dogs are so special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scruffy is so cute! Reading this makes me want a dog so badly...our apartment doesn't allow them, but we are looking for a new one that does :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scuffy is adorable! My dogs know not to wake me up before I'm ready, or at least, not at some ungodly hour. They've been trained to know mommy is not a morning person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I don't blame you for those tears! My pups are family too. They might as well be my children. I can't even bear to stand the thought of them no longer being around. I love them so much!

    P.S. Welcome back, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My cat Yuko wakes me up at 6:30 AM every morning for her feed. She's my living alarm clock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have the cutest dog! My daughter got a dog too. They call her Lee Loo Dallas (remember Fifth Element? :) They are going to visit us soon. I'm super excited :).
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never been attached to our pets at home nowadays probably because I am too caught up with other stuff which is really sad. However, when I was 7 or 8, I was too attached to our kittens and cats. One time, the baker man delivered some bread in our store and my kitten was outside. He didn't know it was in the road because it was too little. The wheels bumped our kitten and I saw it lying on the road. It was one of the saddest events in my history. I cried almost everyday. It was just so sad. :(

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by and reading my blog! Do leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...