Saturday, May 11, 2013

May 10 : Stars

May 10 : #stars My mother saves the photoaday by sending me a picture of what she made this morning! #agaragar #jelly with longans!#yummy  #fmsphotoaday


Star- shaped almond jelly with longans! My mother always made these on special occasions. This morning, she made it as a dessert to take to my sister's boyfriend's house. Our two families are celebrating Mother's Day together. Too bad I wasn't able to join them. What are your special Mother's Day celebrations! I hope you have a good one!

5 comments:

  1. I love almond jelly! Never ate them shaped as stars tho'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you use to shape the jelly? I have food cutters (the Japanese style ones that people like to use for bento)! Would those work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you! I guess cutters would work. I've never tried cutting them, but you could let the jelly solidify before using the cutter. My mother uses a star-shaped mold, pours in the mixture to let it set in the fridge.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I'm glad to be able to catch up on your stuff! :) I will try cutting them and see what happens. Those are really small stars. Is it a tray with the shapes?

      Delete
    3. It actually not that small, but yes it's a tray of 4 stars if i remember correctly. if you have star shaped ice trays, you could try that too, although I don't know if it works! I added you on Instagram!

      Delete

I appreciate you stopping by and reading my blog! Do leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...