Monday, April 11, 2011

Oyster Mushroom Heaven

Okay, so this is the recipe for the killer cream sauce mentioned in a previous post.

IMG_1647

Oyster Mushrooms in Cream

Serves 2:

1. Wash and prepare 10 oz oyster mushrooms. Drain 2 oz sun-dried tomatoes in oil, cut into thin strips. Wash and prepare 2 scallions and cut into pieces 3/4 in long.

2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add the mushrooms and fry briskly over high heat for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, onions, and 1/2 cup whipping cream. Bring to a boil, then add 1/2 tsp thyme and season with salt and pepper.

Prep time: 15minutes!!

These creamy, aromatic mushrooms can be served with a baguette as an awesome appetitizer. Sure to impress, but so easy to make! I'm not sure how it would taste if you substituted with another type of mushrooms. My friend's mom tried it with portobello, but it turned out a little wrong. We haven't really experimented with any other types of mushrooms yet, but when we do, I'll let you know the results!

IMG_1465
Dryad's Saddle

By the way, I ate some freshly picked Dryad's Saddle, and felt nauseated the whole day. It might be a combination of mind tricks, but even though it's an edible type, it apparently didn't agree with my stomach. Yucky-poo! J, however, heartily gobbled up his share (and what's left of mine).

Alright, till next time. Please pray I live to tell my foraging experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you stopping by and reading my blog! Do leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...