When i finally sat myself down to make the dress, i realized i didn't get any bias tape and I so wasn't in a mood to make them...
So I did a little free hand reconstruction on the pillow case to make myself a top instead!
I used a pattern for a ladies apron to cut out the neckline and armholes. When I cut the pieces out, they looked pretty promising as a mini dress, especially when I loved the stripes so!
Alas, when i sewed the shoulder and side seams together, and tentatively tried it on, I looked like I was wearing a feed sack! I was so amused I had to take a picture of myself in it!
So i took in some fabric at the armholes (too big!) and sewed three darts on the back and trimmed off the bottom to make it a long top, instead of a short dress. Much more presentable.
Here is another way I would somehow wear it.
And so, I present yet another one of my ghetto snip-and-sew RTW piece.
And oh yes! Only four more days left in the Spreading Good Cheer Giveaway for a turquoise necklace! So if you haven't checked it out, do so now! You might just be the lucky winner!