Sunday, March 20, 2011

Thrifting: Stuff Etc

On a trip to Cedar Rapids, Iowa, I found this huge consignment store with the help of my husband's grandmother.


Leather box tote $6.99
Leather box tote bought at $6.99

A sturdy leather tote that I now use to house my polaroid camera. It's good for taking out on little field expeditions, like when I go mushroom picking, or bird watching. My polaroid and digital camera fit perfectly in it, along with a few cases of polaroid film.

Vintage pink pumps $6.99
Pink Pumps bought at $6.99

I was in the checkout lane, waiting in line to pay for my stuff. As I silently added up how much my purchases would cost me, my eyes continued to roam around the store, hoping to catch a glimpse of something I might have missed. I am a pumps person. Heels, no. Kitten heels, maybe. Pumps, ooh I LOVE! So when my vision zoomed in onto these shoes, I excused myself from my line and made a lunge for them. A quick mental calculation brought a satisfied smile to my face. I was still within budget, which meant that I didn't have to discard anything else in my shopping basket.

Vintage mustard yellow trunk $14.99
Vintage Mustard Yellow Traveling Trunk $14.99

Our most expensive purchase for the day. My husband found this and called first dibs. Now he uses it to travel around, but only when he is traveling light. We are very careful with it because we don't know when the trunk might burst open, spewing its contents on other bewildered travelers. So far, though, the trunk has been sturdy and strong. No such mishaps.

Bears jersey (Boys) $6.99
Chicago Bears' Jersey (Boys) $6.99

I had been looking to buy a Chicago Bears' jersey, but the ones they sell on the NFL website are super expensive. So my heart skipped a beat when i saw this on the racks. It was a perfect fit! Item automatically transferred onto the Must-Buy list.

Set of 2 Owl wall hanging $3.00
Owl Wall Hanging, Set of 2 for $3.00

Stuff Etc (Cedar Rapids East)
252 Blairsferry Rd NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 5240

They have many locations, do check out their link above for phone numbers and operating hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you stopping by and reading my blog! Do leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...