Sunday, August 7, 2011

News from the garden: New harvests!

Oh no, don't think for a second we stopped gardening. We've been getting buckets of tomatoes and Armenian cucumbers that I didn't think you'd like to read about them ALL.THE.TIME.

But I figured its been awhile since my gardening posts so here's some happy news to share!


sunflower

Our sunflowers are growing straight and tall (they're taller than me now) and this morning I'd just seen some goldfinches sit atop the sunflowers and nibbling on the seeds!

IMG_3567

Then this long forgotten plant began to flower. It was growing up the support for the longest time, and then sprawled all over the fence. This morning, J and I spotted the prettiest purple flower. Bad thing is, we forgot which plant was there. I thought it was the snow pea, but somewhere down the road, I thought the snow pea plant died. Did we plant a second? What is this??? *furrowed brows*

IMG_3569

The cantaloupe has taken over the entire garden patch. But we get delicious juicy cantaloupe in return. So sprawl all you want.

summer squash

We planted some new summer squashes a while ago. Check this baby out. Isn't it cute?

IMG_3556

Finally, grandpa gave us some peaches from his friend's peach trees.

We're looking at the fall seeds catalogue now. There're plans for carrots and broccoli and more! *excited*

How's your garden doing?

7 comments:

  1. Lovely garden! I'm not much of a gardener but hope to be one day, I usually have a blue-green thumb that tends to kill plants. Sigh...

    Thanks for stopping by my blog by the way. :)

    xox, C

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely sunflower and I think I'll "borrow" it for an embroidery in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden looks lovely! I am so jealous of you right now. When I am older and have my own home/garden I want to gave a vegetable patch for sure! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! I can't wait for the orchard nearby to declare it's time for u-pick peaches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Sounds like your garden is on a roll! That cantaloupe looks super yummy! We finally got some limes off our lime tree, but the Houston heat has taken a large toll on many of our other items :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! WOW! WOW! The assortment of amazing things you have growing away in your secret garden absolutely blows my mind. I think you've taken the term green thumb to a whole new level! I never tire of garden posts! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it a pole bean plant?

    My 'garden' is hopefully surviving in my absence. Being away for a month means M is in charge and i got concerned when 3 days after I'd left he admitted that he'd forgotten that we have plants! Oh my poor babies :( Good news is my mint is flowering (I made him take pictures), and he's pinched the basil tips to ensure bushier growth. Other than that I don't know what the others are like hahahahhaa

    Good work on the harvest!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by and reading my blog! Do leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...