Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bonjour mademoiselles!



This is from the Flight of the Conchords and it's hilarious! My friend P showed it to me before i was introduced to the series and i've loved it ever since. It's the kind of series I can watch over and over.

I showed the video to the J-man last night as he is taking French lessons in school this semester. He makes me sit with him to go through the lessons. I figured he'd need someone to practice with conversationally, but I had no idea it was going to be tough. It's like the blind leading the blind.

Learning how to speak is fun but the conjugation is killing me!

I took basic Japanese in college, and it was easy as it is very similar to Chinese. It makes words and phrases a breeze to remember and sentence structure easy to form. Although I must say i'd probably forgotten most of the stuff, except for counting numbers, telling time and telephone numbers and my name. :)

I guess it all boils down to practice, and the start is always the toughest. Oh well, he's only been to one class. So let's just see how we progress...

à bientôt, mon amie! (hope i said it right! *eeps*)

6 comments:

  1. Flight of the Conchords is HILARIOUS! Love that video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SALUT !!
    LE BLOG est très chouette!
    Vous fait un travail super.
    bisous
    Bonne continuation
    www.zoeegaia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flight of the Conchords is one of my favorites! Sometimes I get it on Netflix even though I've already watched all the episodes.

    I took French in college and I was pretty good at it then. Now that I don't use it anymore, I've forgotten almost all of it. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flight of the Conchords is so good! So sad it was only two seasons long! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loooove these guys! They make me laugh so much!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by and reading my blog! Do leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...