Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day trip: International Collectibles & Antiques Show

IMG_5856


Yay! Flea market time!

This weekend we headed down to the monthly Collectibles & Antiques Show held at the Metrolina Tradeshow Expo in Charlotte. I haven't been to a flea market in a while, and I had a few things to get on my list:

1) Floor lamp
2) Sewing supplies
3) Fabric

and anything else that may tickle our fancy.


We are FOREVER searching for the right floor lamp for our living room. Given that our furniture is more old-world charm, we refused to get one of those utilitarian ones from IKEA and the likes.

There were lamps aplenty at the expo, but none caught my eye. But i did luck out on these fabulous binding strips and decorative ribbon, and a sizeable stack of gingham fabric! I think I might make a gingham quilt with them!


IMG_5864

IMG_5862


IMG_5879


And then we found some lovely whiskey glasses and beer mugs at a dollar apiece! Fun!


The next one is at the end of the month. If you're in the area, swing by the Metrolina Tradeshow Expo at:

7100 Statesville Road ~ Charlotte, North Carolina 28269


7 comments:

  1. ooh love the colors of the gingham, sooo pretty. Gingham always makes me think of the days when people lived on the prairie, don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, great finds! We also have a huge flea market in Pasadena. I usually buy vintage jewelry there. Do you look for fabric at thrift stores? They might also have some. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lucky girl finding such LOVELY tapes, love them! hppe you had a nice weekend! xx
    Alice Barton ♥ TheMowWay

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tapes are lovely. I would have snatched them up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous finds! I love the patterns on the fabrics.Now I need to get myself to the flea market:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, flea markets are always so fun! The fabric & ribbon are great finds :) Good luck with the lamp search!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love snagging great finds at flea markets... I need to see these whiskey glasses you found! I have an old rum jug and it makes me feel like a pirate!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by and reading my blog! Do leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...