Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011 in Review

IMG_4736
What a year! 2011 just flew by in the blink of an eye.

Just like most of you, I made my list of 2011 Resolutions. Now let's see how I fared. Somewhere along the line i think i forgot i ever made any (eeps.)

1. Live simple.

Still learning to curb my wants and differentiate them from my needs. But the simple things in life gives me a greater satisfaction. Like spending time with family, going for walks in the parks, sitting at my sewing machine and creating!

2. Budget all spending.

It's not hard to do when you don't have too much to work with, especially now that we're on our own. With more bills and expenses to figure out, every dollar, every penny makes a difference.

3. Eat fresh. Eat healthy.

J and I were doing great when we were living with his parents. We had the garden going, we were eating lots of fresh garden produce everyday. Now that we've moved, we need to start a new plot all over. The good news is, we bought some more seeds and we're getting ready for spring. We're definitely keeping this resolution going strong.

4. Sun salutations every morning;

Bah.

5. A full Ashtanga workout at least twice a week.

*mumbles*

6. Swear less, be patient more.

This is one resolution i forgot was actually there, but I'm not ashamed to say I have been subconsciously working on. The reason, i think, ties in with my last resolution.

7. Love J everyday like it is the last.

Even though we've been together for the last 5 years, I'm constantly surprised by how much we're still in love with each other. J makes little gestures in our everyday lives that make me appreciate him, and want to be a better person for him.

All in all, 5 out of 7 is not too bad!



And then there were things big and small worth a little mention.

IMG_2232
J and I became our own little experts at mushroom foraging.

harvest
We started our own little garden, watching things grow and appreciating Mother Nature for her bounty, learning to live off the land.

lomo green weave
I started my Etsy shop!

IMG_4047IMG_4257
And took part in not one, but TWO craft fairs!

wanted poster
I visited my friends in Houston and went to my first rodeo!

IMG_3463
And visited the ancient Mayan ruins in Mexico.

IMG_4077
Finally, we moved into a place of our own,

IMG_4573
and got another addition to our little Russell family!



In this year, I hope to continue last year's resolutions, putting an emphasis on simplicity, creativity, compassion and discipline.

Here's wishing all my dearest family and friends a great year ahead!


6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what 2012 will bring you guys! Let me know the next time you come visit Houston (that's where I live!) Oh, and what is Ashtanga?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simplicity & creativity are definitely on my list this year, too. And eating healthy! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope 2012 is a good year for you. i'm trying to eat healthy too. it's very hard but i'll try. less cup noodles, canned food and luncheon meat. man, i'm hungry just typing it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say that's one fine year, my friend! I do the yoga resolution every year and spontaneously practice throughout the year. I say if you did your practice any at all, that's something to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jess

    Ashtanga Yoga is a form of yoga practice i like. Hatha yoga is more traditional and i think Ashtanga is like an updated modern version of the physical practice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab list of resolutions!! ;) I miss yoga! And you!! Xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by and reading my blog! Do leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...