Sunday, January 16, 2011

Trail mix

Bill_Bryson_A_Walk_In_The_Woods

Currently reading Bill Bryson's A Walk in the Woods and i'm so inspired!! I want to do the Appalachian trail!!!!!

I love Bryson's writing style. It's easy to read and humorous at the same time. He also packs a lot of side information into the book. That was what made me read the otherwise daunting-looking The Short History of Nearly Everything. He makes reading non-fiction real fun.

But can you imagine? A 6 month hike beginning from Springer Mountains in Georgia all the way through the east coast towards the end point Mount Katahdin in Maine! A total of over 2000miles! What an adventure!!! But, the J-man and I are probably too baby to be "thru-hikers", people who finish the whole trail at one go. Not to mention how we would have that amount of time at our disposal. More manageable would be to attempt the trail section by section. I took it as a sign from the heavens that we must attempt it because as I sat down to read the book, Nat Geo decided to show a documentary about the AT at that same moment.

I think somewhere along the years we have plans to do the John Muir trail as well. The J-man is rather sore about not getting to Yosemite on our last road trip, so I think we will need to attempt that at some point.

So many trips, so little time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you stopping by and reading my blog! Do leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...