Let's do a little survey in this post - the good ol' fashioned paperback vs the electronic readers.
I was pretty resistant to e-readers in the beginning, preferring to leaf through a book, owning actual copies, collecting books with pretty and/or vintage covers.
But then, I got a Kindle for my birthday this year.
And i'm slowly falling in love!
Can i just be a nerd in this post and list the pros and cons, the book vs the ereader?
1. I hoard books! I sometimes buy books for their beautiful covers. Like the pretty Penguin Clothbound Classics I've been drooling over...
2. I dream to one day own a little library. As a kid, I watched Disney's Beauty and the Beast, and always wished to have one of my own, complete with the gliding ladder.
3. I love the feel of a book in hand - the weight, turning pages, using a bookmark!
4. Going to the library! Well, if i can't own one, i go to one! Or a used book store!
But then the Kindle came into the picture and...
1. It's so light!! Gone are the days when my wrist gets tired holding thick book spines.
2. It holds a gazillion books! No more difficult decisions about which books to stuff in my carry-on, to bring on a short weekend getaway, on a picnic. I download a few books and then read whatever catches my fancy at the moment!
3. I know that buying e-books can be just as expensive (it's only a few dollars cheaper than an actual copy), but I can still borrow from my local library!! I don't go to the library anymore, but I loan from their digital collection. So it's free, and I can borrow and return books without having to step out of my house!
4. You can also download a myriad of apps, play games, listen to music, get on the internet. Although it's pretty simple for me, all I need are my books and Words with Friends. LOL.
So before you think I'm going over to the dark side, what matters most is that I'm still reading! I love my books, but now I love my Kindle more!