Friday, September 6, 2013

The Food Post (NYC)

So a tad bit late (that of course is an understatement) but, doling out the honors...


: Breakfast :

Best bagel and coffee for breakfast! #nyc #food #breakfastforchampions

Best Bagel and Coffee
225 W 35th St, New York, NY 10001

It literally is the best bagel in town! It's the best because you can build your own. We heaped salmon, capers, onions and cream cheese on top of an everything bagel. You know, the works.



: Lunch :

Vongole at Pelligrino's yum yum!! #food #nyc #littleitaly

Pellegrino's
138 Mulberry St, New York, NY 10013

Tucked away in a little corner of Chinatown is a charming spot that is Little Italy. There are plenty of Italian restaurants to choose from, but we parked ourselves in the al fresco dining area of Pellegrino's. Here's a picture of my favorite appetizer - Vongole Oreganata!



: Tea time :

Followed the recommendations of a local. All Cantonese speaking crew in this Dim-sum joint. Has to be legit right? #chinatown #nyc #dimsumdollies

东来海鲜酒家

When our trusty Google failed with provide us with a lead for Chinese dim sum, we stopped to ask a local where to go. He pointed us to a local joint, complete with a Cantonese speaking crew, pushing dim sum trollies, and serving up piping hot dishes in bamboo baskets. That has got to be some legit dim sum.



: Mid Day Refreshments :

After waiting 1.5hr in line to get my cheap Avenue Q tickets, it's time to reward myself with a nice cold beer... #allagash #nyc #hellskitchen

Valhalla
815 9th Ave, New York, NY 10019

Hopping on over to Hell's Kitchen, we stopped by Valhalla to quench our thirst after sifting through the flea markets. Surprisingly, the prices were pretty decent. Since we didn't have to drive, we made sure we quenched our thirst right and proper.



: Dinner:

Most expensive bibim bap ever! But delish! #nyc #koreatown #food

Gahm Mi Oak
43 W 32nd St, New York, NY 10001

Our hotel is a stone's throw from Koreatown in Midtown NYC. We randomly walked into one of the many restaurants, but I believe they would all have been just as good. I love bibimbap and was pleasantly surprised as this one was super delish!



There were other cuisines we were sad we didn't get to try, like Japanese and Thai. But we were able hit the spots we wanted to go most, so in all, it was a really satisfying gastronomic journey for us!






6 comments:

  1. I love dining in NYC! That dim sum looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks delicious! Glad you found many good places to eat!
    Thanks for your comment on the Ukrainian cross stitch. I'll email you a chart as soon as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum~~ i used to always eat at gahm mi oak. and that bagel looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Koreatown in NYC is one of my favourite places to eat - NOM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not having to worry about driving was definitely one of my favorite NY perks! This post makes me miss it--just a little. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I soooo wish I was back in New York! It's such an amazing city! There is never enough time (or money!) to do everything but I"m glad you got to go!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by and reading my blog! Do leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...