Friday, February 17, 2012

It's finally here!!!

Painted Bunting - Passerina ciris
I love colors on the Painted Bunting!
Check out this guy's Flickr account! He has some really great bird shots!


Finally the weekend is here! It's the Great Backyard Bird Count weekend from today Friday Feb 17th to Monday Feb 20th!! I've been waiting for the longest time. Tomorrow morning, I head out with my friend to the McAlpine Creek Greenway for my very FIRST guided BIRD WALK!

Like a very good student, I have my backpack all packed with birding essentials : my binoculars, bird guide, a rain jacket, camera and a bottle of water. It's a 3 hour walk and I hope i get to see and learn about new birds that I would otherwise not be able to see at the feeder! I think it's time to take birding to the next level! SO SO SO EXCITED!!

Are you counting birds this weekend too? Don't forget to submit your bird count tallies here! Happy birding weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Uh Oh... I didn't see any birds that I can recall, but I hope you were able to over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear about your weekend, that is a beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by and reading my blog! Do leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...